Monday, 4 April 2011

On a Lighter Note...

I wanted to post a photograph of the Baby Bear Hat, which I've just finished Crocheting for a friend, whose baby is due in July.
I had to frog the wretched thing four times before I came up with something that looked right- when a pattern reads "Baby Hat" it can mean anything from a premature newborn to an 18month old toddler, it seems! It's a simple double crochet beanie, with stitched on double crochet ears in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, which is lusciously soft and bearfect for a newborn. (I've just proofread this post and stumbled across the appalling pun which I promise was a typo. However, always a fan of the cheesy pun, I've left it in)
I showed it to the director, whose eyes immediately filled with pound signs, as he imagined a possible babywear empire. Try as I might, I can never make him understand that part of the pleasantness of a handmade gift is its exclusivity. I just hope my friend likes it. And doesn't give birth to a mutant baby with a giant head.

Come to think of it, i rather hope that anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment